CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Martin W. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:08:59 +0200
Bill Bartlett wrote:

> http://www.theage.com.au/text/articles/2002/07/02/1023864732014.htm
>
> Europeans wait in vain for Bush to back the International Criminal Court
>
> Date: July 3 2002
>
> By Matthew Engel
>
> [...]
>
> He [John Bolton] added: "The ICC's supporters have an unstated agenda resting,
> at bottom, on the desire to assert the primacy of international institutions
> over nation states."

Well, yes... sort of... the argument for doing so goes something like
this:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect
Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the
common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of
Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this
Constitution for the United States of America."

martin

--
Martin Smith               email: [log in to unmask]
Vollsveien 9               tel. : +47 6783 1188