CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Leon Wilson
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:04:49 -0500
Subject was:
Re: [CHOMSKY] Clarification
----------------------------

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Jonathan Julius Dobkin wrote:
> >
> > The drivel I refer to is the defense (or something--the whole rant is
> > rather incoherent) by F Leon Wilson imputing some significance to a
> > racist forgery.
> >
> > What the hell are you talking about?!
>
> The whole thing is a jolt. It had never occurred to me in my whole life
> (73 years) that anyone would take that forgery seriously.

Are you serious?

There are thousands, perhaps millions of people who:

        1) Don't know what to believe about The Protocols of Zion

        2) Do believe in The Protocols of Zion

        3) Are in opinion shaping process about the validity (not
           authenticity) of The Protocols of Zion

> It should be no more necessary to argue that fact than to argue that
> the earth is round.

Again, the analogy/comparisons of he world being flat are simply not
valid.

> But then about 50 years ago when my father was teaching in a rural
> elementary school, a father of a student came in very angry. He
> insisted that the world was flat.

I hope that your father EXPLAINED why the world is thought to be round as
opposed to comparing the world to The Protocols of Zion. I can hear Carol
answering the student's father with "that's as silly as the The Protocols
of Zion."

> Wilson's questions about the Protocol is as outrageous and stupid as
> that man's insistence that the world was flat.
>
> Wilson utterly bewilders me. Why would anyone in 2003 defend a stupid
> racist forgery>?
>
> Carrol

What is intriguing is that only a few individuals has responded with
additional information to show WHY The Protocols of Zion should not be
taken seriously.

Remember:

There are millions of people who do not know The Protocols of Zion exist.

There is a young and growing group who are being exposed to their
existence for the first time.  Current world events serve as an
environment for the growth of people attracted to such works.

My original questions remains exactly as posed.

        "What is the history of The Protocols of Zion?"

        "What is the history of The Protocols of Zion and do any
         of our current events give credence to that work?"

Now, those who know can choose to tell be about how round the world is and
how anti-Semitism is all around the world.  The bottom line is that
someone needs to be able to clearly explain the history, source and uses
of The Protocols of Zion.

You must do better in explaining . . .

F. Leon