CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chuck Armsbury <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:09:47 -0800
Chuck Armsbury replied:

Dr. White joins other known Jewish propagandists insisting wrongly that in the
"warmest of hearts there is a cold spot for the Jew." From my first read of Leon
Uris' "Exodus" in the early Sixties I went from complete sympathy for the Israeli
state to the well-supported understanding by the late-Sixties that the Jewish
state is no different than any other colonizing effort. The natives must die to
make room for the colonists; the cockroaches must be ground into dust, as various
Israeli militarists have commented. Did American Jews really bend over backward
to make a homeland for Nazi Holocaust victims here in the US? Dr. White simply
joins the crowd with a one-sided reading of history in the last 75 years. The
truth is that the US militarists are in complete charge in Palestine. Israel is a
proxy US force, and if madman Sharon can only produce more and more murder
without letup, and the Arab world grows more and more angry with US policymakers,
Israel could be abandoned as an ally, and would be in my opinion. The Jewish
Lobby in the US must submit like any other interest group to the global interests
of the American Empire. Many Jewish leftists suddenly turn right when thinking of
the Israeli State, murmuring about how non-Jews can never understand. Excuse me,
but lots of us ordinary white folks here in the heartland can easily understand
those sentiments as implicit and unthinking support for a brutal military regime
hopelessly mired in its own hate, blinded by self-justifying rhetoric and now
condemned for pursuing genocidal goals.
sincerely,
Chuck Armsbury, Editor of the Razor Wire newspaper, of the November Coalition
Colville, Washington

http://www.november.org