CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrej Grubacic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 01:42:31 +0100
Dear Tresy,
please aknowledge the fact that I am not a fluent english speaker; my
english is far from being perfect.
However, I would like you to rebutte my arguments, or, I am sorry, to answer
finaly my , rather simple , questions posted earlier, instead of continuing
being an arogant imperialistic asshoole.
So, to repeat a part of my previous letter:

You are escaping on epistemological ground now; this is a question for a non
political disscusion. You are caling on Chomsky who was opposed to war ( he
is an anarcho-syndicalist, and anti-militarist, I 've noticed that for some
reasons his @syndicalism is not being mentioned much on this list?)
 and he opposed the war very consequently. I have my remarks, as I've said,
but he had written several articles demolishing the exact same arguments
Tresy is using.... Title of the book "Millitary Humanism" is very telling.
It is not honest and ethical to hide behind Chomsky by inversion of his
opinion, which is, especcialy now, best argument against Tresy's political
blabing.
So, please do not use N. Chomsky to advocate "just wars". It is ridicilous.
Like if you, say, would be using Bertrand Russell to advocate anti-pacifism.
You are falling in a trap here: Chomsky is then, to use your words,
"revisionist", not very inteligent one, also, if he didnt recognized that
"simplicistic" reality you are wrongly describing. Life is , perhaps, non
ideological, but it is far to be as simple as you think.
If you are a "chomskyan" , I have nothing against it ( however this trend
seems funny to me when it is refering to a libertarian thinker)
but please stick to epistemology, structuralism and linguistics, and dont
play sophist games with falsified facts to defend your own political idiocy
( not only in classical sense of the word)

------------
What about the 2000 dead Yugoslav civilians killed by NATO ( both Serbs and
Albanians), admitedly more than people killed in civil war between US
sponsored KLA ( you remember the Contras of course?) and YU army?
They are "unworthy victims", I suppose?
What about exodus of Serbs, Jews , Gypsies from kosovo now, fleeing from
Albaninas ( this is not propaganda: I am watching those people under my very
window, coming in thoushands...)
And finally, you havent answered to me, is Chomsky , a stounch opponent of
this war and  arguments you are using "a revisionist" ( your words for anti
NATO critic)?
  ---------------------

And , to finish with this, isn't it rather unfair to call a "likkspitle" man
who already declared himself as a member of anti Milosevic political
organization? I have already presented my political background.
Besides all the reminiscents of the barbarous bombing of my country, which
is tottaly ruined and traumatized after NATO (US) action?
I wrote you another letter,  which also remains unanswered:

 Dear Tresy,
I am from Belgrade. My familly and myself have gone trough hell during
American bombings. Many, too many of my friends died, or have been
slaughtered. With DU bombs, cassete bombs, tecton bombs....My girlfriend
still wakes up at night and cry. My little btorher is , when the plane, mere
commercial plane, flying above our heads, shivering. And still, I am on the
American mailing list, differing people from instititions and policy makers,
believing in international solidarity, ethics, honesty and love. If I am,
after three months of hellish bombings , capable to talk reasonably with
you, a person who had tacitly or openly supported killing of 2000 people,
including Milica R. Serbian Ana Frank, 8 years old girl who was killed by
cassete bomb, and try to make some kind of conection and untderstanding, so
I have to ask you: where is all that hatered coming from? How you dare to
preach me about "genocides" and political situation of my country, when you
are in Seattle??? Have you ever been here? In Kosovo? Now occupied by the
army of your country? Killing Albanians and Serbs without a difference? Have
you ever smelled a gunpowder or heard a "tomahawk" flying above your head?
Have you ever ben to a pharmacy seeing old women crying because there is no
medics, because of the embargo? Seen any dead child in a hospital because we
dont have any medical care because of the sanctions? Waited to by bread for
12 hour in line? Freezing because of the "Democracy for eletricity"plan
according to which common folks like me, not the politicians , are
suffering?  I am shocked, I must confess. For such hatered, irational
hatered, that you feel, preaching from your cozy , comfortable apartement in
Seattle, I am not capable. Thank god. Even after what you, as an advocate of
bombing of my country, have done to people here. You have a serious, very
serious problem. I hold you directly responsible for the deaths of all the
innocent people , Albanians and Serbs,nothwithstanding, during the
aggression on Yugoslavia. My conscience is clear: I was amongst the people
who were fighting for a political and other rights of Albanians. Going on
demonstrations. Always opposing wars and domestic and international
injustice.
 Just for the record, to escape misintepretation: my father was fired under
Milosevic for political reasons. I am belonging to a group that is fighting
both evils: Imperial and genocidal politics of USA and our own domestic
evil, Slobodan Milosevic, trying to acchieve more healthier( libertarian)
society. My familly and my friends know only too well who is S.Milosevic.
And we are fighting against him. And against people like you.
By advocating a war, entailing thoushands of innocent victims, and it many
more trough sanctions, you are a accomlice of war crime. You are, in fact,
war criminal.
Germans, ordinary people, suffered long because of nazi past. They still do.
And Americans like you?Advocates of bombings and wars? What about your
crimes? What about Vietnam, Iraq, Bosnia Serbia?
I hold you responsible.
Yours, with sorrow,
                                     Andrej Grubacic
                                  Belgrade Libertarian Group