CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 07:28:56 -0500
Linda Dionne wrote:

> Hi Carrol,
>
> Maybe F. Leon is just playing devil's advocate to get us to talk about it.
> I am on another list with him and the topic came up. On the other list it
> seemed as though some did believe the protocols to be the truth. If
> intelligent people believe the "drivel" then something is terribly wrong
> and it should be discussed.

Could be. I've been a bit grumpy lately.

If anyone wants to discuss it further, however, I would suggest that we
avoid further need either for the kind of post I'm writing now _or_
clarification posts by refraining from quick, laconic, or metaphorical
posts. If the topic really does need discussion, then it needs careful
exposition. Has anyone on the other list you refer to provided such an
exposition that you could forward.

My general concern on this and related topics has been to avoid giving
aid and comfort to the criminal Israeli state by avoiding even the
appearance of anti-semitism in the critique of that state, for the
foundation of Zionist propaganda has always been to equate anti-zionism
with anti-semitism.

Carrol