CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tim Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:49:15 -0500
Ed Burns <[log in to unmask]> banged away at the keys on Thu, 2 Dec 1999
09:42:48 -0800 and came up with:

>Does this tunnel through an HTTP proxy?

Not sure what you mean, but there is an http link:
http://www.icravetv.com/tv/T05cblt.ram ... I've been using htsp, it seems
to connect faster, but both work.

Just a bit of background: this is a third party which picks up signals off
the air, inserting advertising at the side and top of the frame, and
streams them out...this is not the CBC doing this themselves (although I'm
somewhat acquainted with the guy running their audio streaming and I'll be
asking him why they just don't do this in-house).

Other broadcasters, at least the ones who simply recycle US programming,
are currently examining this setup because they are worried about violating
rights agreements...we'll see how long this lasts.

I have no connection with them (http://www.icravetv.com) either.

-Tim
--
* Tim Meehan * Toronto, ON * [log in to unmask] *
* Support Renee Boje's Legal Defense Fund! *