CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jonathan Julius Dobkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:34:28 -0300
If this is acceptable behavior, why don't these groups just send a mass
mailing of the original letter to all the newspapers they can? Or why
don't those sending in the letter over their own names mention in a PS
that this is not an original letter, but merely a prefabricated one
passed along word-for-word?

The obvious answer is that the newspapers would not publish it if they
knew the truth. So the letter-writers are liars, trying to trick the
newspapers to whom they write (and often succeeding).

Your casual embrace of this broken political system, this attitude that
"well, that's politics, it's just the way things are & we have to do it
too to get anywhere" is an embrace of corruption & deceit. You might
as well support the Democrats as the "solution" to the Republicans.

Perhaps, for that matter, you do support the Democrats--but the problem
is in fact the ruling structure, the two-parties & their system. You
are not only not part of the solution, but by advocating yet more lying,
cheating, & suchlike "politics as usual" you are very much part of the
problem.