ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:36:04 -0600
Dad was awake several times during last night, more confused.  Meds have managed the pain well enough for him to sit up in a chair this morning!  How can he do that safely with a fractured l1?  He was able to eat a bit of soft food with thickened liquids for breakfast.  He looked tired, and started feeling cold sitting up, so they had to give him more layers of clothes and warmer blankets until he said he felt warm.

Dad is in a hospital in Caldwell Idaho.  I am between caldwell and Boise in miles.  We have a friend from the church where I grew up who is a hospice nurse.  She recommends he goes to a  care facility in Boise, where there is staff who work with her.  I believe Boise is further  from my house.  I don’t know when they’ll take him there.

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://cochlearamericas.com