ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jenifer Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2019 15:24:58 -0500
Hi all.
So much has happened in the past few years. Forgive me for not writing sooner. I'm requesting prayer. I'm at the lowest point I can remember ever. Not even my divorce caused me such turmoil.
I am a federal employee... I think there are a few of us on list. I'm not trying to start a debate on whose right and whose wrong regarding this shutdown. The point is we're scared. About 800000 of us are not being paid... either working or not. I was called back wednesday... because tax refunds are essentual.
Not only that... but my fiance is stuck in Australia. He can't get a visa because of this mess. He's been here three timess, I went there this past summer.
I know God is with me... He's with all of us affected during this trial. I admit... I can't sleep without sleep meds or a few glasses of wine. I'm taking anti-anxiety medication. i'm crying more than not. Yet... I still know God is with me.
Frankly... I'm sick of waiting. I'm angry and hurt and feel betrayed by those in authority. I feel... as do all of us... like we are pawns in their game. I know God is going to do something big... but when? When will those in authority get over themselves and open the government? When will we matter?
Thanks for listening.
Jen

Sent from my iPhone