EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Tanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:07:42 -0600
how you know that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Automatic digest processor [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 3:00 PM
To: Recipients of EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS digests
Subject: EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Digest - 26 Feb 2003 to 6 Mar 2003
(#2003-32)

Topics of the day:

  1. post-workout meal (2)

with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the e-mail.

Date:    Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:37:05 -0500
From:    Matt Metzgar <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: post-workout meal

In regards to last month's post about the subject, I thought this was
interesting:

"Consumption of "snacks" would occur throughout the day, with hunters
often
removing the liver from a "kill", and eating it on the spot, often raw."

I'm not exactly sure what is in animal liver, but I'm guessing there is
glycogen.

Mann, Neil (2000): Dietary lean red meat and human evolution.  European
Journal of Nutrition, 39, pg. 73.