EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tim Rowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:44:07 -0400
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header

I've thought about giving this a try but so far have only made it to the
walking barefoot stage, using the logic that I would toughen my feet up by
walking first.  I do all my running on trails and dirt roads, and mostly
have to worry about stones and twigs and other such forest debris.  I'd be
very wary of running barefoot on 'modern' surfaces such as asphalt with
'modern' hazards such as glass, roofing nails, etc.  Guess you get very
good at scanning the pavement in front of you....

How difficult is it to re-learn your running mechanics?  It seems like such
a change.  Anyone know of any videos, etc that show the correct gait?

Tim