EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 08:39:58 -0500
On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:10 ... D. Tweed

>This suggests
>that people like Boyd Eaton won't be enough to
>generate popular interest in evolutionary fitness
>ideas (and as a result what I really want which is
>large-scale epidemiological studies of the whole
>approach), but rather it needs discussion by someone
>who's publicly viewed as a `doctor'.

Can't say i have noticed the different public status of medical doctors
cf. scientists here in Australia.

For an up-to-date epidemiological approach to evolutionary health and
fitness in the broadest sense, see Tony McMichael's book Human Frontiers
(CUP, 2001).  For a review of the book go to

http://www.evfit.com/mcmichael.htm

Keith