EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Persephone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:17:38 +0100
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header

Jim Swayze wrote:

>I have followed this list for a while and agree that there's a difference
between
>the types of exercise ideal for females versus males.  During the hunt,
>the men would have brief but intense exercise with two, three, or four
>days of rest.  Women might carry children or loads on their backs for hours
 >at a time while gathering and keeping the home fires burning, so to speak.

That makes perfect sense to me, and it feels right too, as I have a personal
dislike of intense exercise over any long distance, and much prefer cycling,
walking, swimming etc. for hours at a moderate intensity until I feel
pleasantly exhausted.

I've always seen the sexes as equal but different, and I've been wondering
if the fact that females have wider pelvises might have any effect on the
kinds of exercises they should do.

>Personally, I feel the exercise philosophy of Arthur Jones fits the model
perfectly.....

>.....I should say that Jones' exercise ideas are perfect for *men*

This makes met think that there's an opening for someone to write a book
solely about Paleofitness for women. Any takers amongst you experts out
there? With your combined knowledge, a collaborative act would work nicely
;-)

I'm so tired of those insultingly spiritless exercise books that assume that
women only want to do endless pointless reps for 'toning' :-(

I want to get my body to a state of maximum strength and flexibility
(without using drugs, of course). I can't be the only woman who has this
goal.

Cheers,

Persephone