GSTALT-L Archives

An ICORS List

GSTALT-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jay Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
An ICORS List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2021 19:39:46 -0400
Phil,

I don’t understand some of your comments here. I will say that September 11 was a watershed for the USA.

For me, living in the terrorism and violence of apartheid South Africa, with its racism and anti-racism conflicts and the bombings that happened to civilians as well as the outrageous attacks on groups of people who rightfully protested their discrimination.  September 11 was a "so what experience." Maybe that is shocking for you because you lived then in an illusory world of American exceptionalism. September 11 was a ho-hum for many people and the American reaction was a joke as it seemed that the USA was the first ever country to experience terrorism and its consequences. Such naivety. This had been going on for years without USA seemingly noticing - until it hit "home."

Did you watch the piece from Biden (who is not a fan of mine)?( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02grem9YXkg ) Did he compare Vietnam and the exit from Saigon to what is happening now? You are making up stories to support a narrative that the outcome should have/could have been different.

Move on or stay on topic.

Jay