IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 10:28:12 -0600
Welcome! We are a collaboration between emergency responders and the
National Mental Health Innovation Center at the University of Colorado
Anschutz campus. Our goal is to improve mental health supports for
responders and their families through culture change; education and
empowerment; and improvement of resources.  We focus on EMS, Fire, Law
Enforcement (including Corrections), and Dispatch but recognize that our
content applies to other groups of emergency responders as well. Suicide is
recognized as the leading occupational killer of responders. And we know
that untreated stress injuries from the job can significantly decrease
responders’ quality of life. We can change this! Together we are stronger.
No one should suffer in silence.

https://responderstrong.org/

"People Who experience mood swings, fear, voices and visions"