NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Molly Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 12:44:15 -0500
I really enjoy these discussions, they are so helpful!

My sister just gave her 1 year old milk for the first time; she has given
her dairy in the past but not straight milk. Later that day her daughter
started getting what seems like a cold, or allergies-- sinus problems, red
and puffy eyes... Her husbands family all have allergies to plants, dust,
mold..., and in Wisconsin right now everyone's are pretty bad. She is also
teething, so the cold like symptoms could be related to either one. But just
to be cautious she wants to try a different kind of milk and see what
happens, but wasn't sure what kind to try (she is finishing breast feeding
so she also wants something that is going to provide her with the fat and
nutrients she needs). Any suggestions? She is taking her in for her check up
in a week and a half, and she'll talk to her dr. then but in the mean time
wants to try something else.  Thanks anyone for your suggestions!

Molly