NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:11:12 -0500
Hi --

We track calcium intake pretty carefully at our house.

Enriched juices vary from 30% of the adult USRDA down to 10% per serving.
(Some bottled apple juices reach the 30% mark, and most enriched orange juices
in the refridgerator section of the grocery store do as well.)  However,
we've decided that a chewable calcium supplement is necessary in our household.
This despite a diet heavy in canned salmon, brocolli, etc.

There's at least one link on my web site to a list of good calcium sources.
That should help your out when it comes to calcium-rich foods.

Discolored teeth can also happen when you switch between fluoridated and no-
non-fluoridated water supplies, by the way.

Stay in touch with both your doctor AND dentist about sufficient calcium
intake, since you're not doing it the easy (dairy) way.  Also be sure to get
sufficient vitamin D to help absorb the calcium.

In haste,
--Beth Kevles
  Disclaimer:  Nothing in this message should be construed as medical
  advice.  Please consult with your own medical practicioner.

NOTE:  No email is read at my MIT address.  Use the AOL one if you would
like me to reply.