PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

JJM van den Broek <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:38:23 -0800
> I suppose this is almost too obvious and trivial to mention, but peanuts
> are not nuts.
Dean, that's right, it is ALMOST too obvious and trivial to mention
8-).

If you are referring to the Science Online article and its references,
the full body of the article clearly states the difference between
legumes and true nuts...I'd rather assumed the full text of the article
would be read by those interested, and the references were provided to
show the breadth of the studies; finally, if I remember correctly, the
clear "winner" in the nuts/nut oils/lipids was, overall, whole almonds;
the argument holds.

--
Judith J. van den Broek     ICQ4120171