PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Cordain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:34:41 -0700
In the last paleodiet digest, Steve Meyers inquired about the publication
date of my review article on cereal grains.  As far as I am aware, the
article will be published in April (next month), and the citation will be:

Cordain L.  Cereal grains:Humanity's double edged sword. World Review of
Nutrition and Dietetics 1999;84:000-000 (I dont have page numbers yet).

Also scheduled for publication in this same issue is a detailed and up to
date version of Jennie Brand-Miller's theory of the "Carnivore Connection"
in which she further delineates how pre-agricultural humans were adapted to
a diet high in protein and low in carbohydrate.

Readers may also be interested in a letter which Jennie, Neil Mann and I
published in Diabetologia (Cordain L, Brand-Miller J, Mann N.  Scant
evidence of periodic starvation among hunter-gatherers. Diabetologia
1999;42(3):383-84.) which challenges J.V. Neel's commonly accepted theory
regarding the selection pressures for the evolution of a "thrifty genotype"
in pre-agricultural humans.  By the way, the basis for this article
developed from discussions we have had on this listserve.  This letter can
be directly downloaded in pdf format from the following website:

http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00125/tocs/t9042003.htm

                                Cordially,

                                Loren

Loren Cordain, Ph.D., Professor
Department of Exercise and Sport Science
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
tel: (970) 491-7436
fax:(970) 491-0445