From:
Janice Frasche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 2015 21:29:14 -0700
On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 02:16:22AM +0000, Jeff Hogan [[log in to unmask]] wrote (in part):
| Janice,
|
| You might be interested in this article recently published by
| Psychologist Barbara Frederickson
|
| http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0121839

Not really sure what to make of above.

My reaction: The study itself seems to address a philosophical
model (good or bad, I have no opinion) about foundations of
'happiness' and better immunology in different populations.
(speaks primarily of "healthy" people who opted to be part of the
study)

Diet supports genetic potential or improvement of what it could
foretell-
Systems compromised in normal levels of homeostasis will affect
whatever potential 'genetic happiness' assumed to be
preprogrammed.

From a clinical standpoint and more relevant to the nutritional
aspects of this forum, correct nutritional support of the
endocrine system can enhance metabolic function of
neurotransmitters such as serotonin and melatonin which are
related to our levels of happiness/depression. Sunlight, natural
and synthetic hormones also affect the stablity of these
functions (both good and bad), then add on stress and social
aspects, add gut biome, and more. These are issues that have
external factors that we can apply to improve potential.

Genetic potential is like software.

When given the short straw in the game of genetics, we can
influence some of the outcome. I'm not sure that any of this
opinion is contrary to established understanding? Or if you
really had a question?
--
Janice - proofreading? what's that?