From:
Ben Liberman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2011 01:18:44 -0500
At 9:16 AM +0930 7/31/11, Peter Maxwell wrote:
>Ben
>
>I don't understand why you would need to limit the diet the to 400 calories?
>This would be the reason that the diet kicked her butt.  You can easily eat
>a ketogenic diet without severe calorie restriction.
>
>Regards
>
>Peter Maxwell

Hi Peter,

I completely agree with you that you can easily eat a ketogenic diet without severe calorie restriction.

I was specifically suggesting a "calorie restricted ketogenic fast".  Normal cells can shift from glucose metabolism to ketone metabolism but many cancers and bacteria can not.  The idea is to reduce glucose in the blood to the bare minimum to starve whatever can not live without it.

When I found out the lyme favors glucose, we decided to try it to see what would happen.  It worked very well for us.

If you are interested, research is being done on this by Dr. Thomas Seyfried's group at Boston College.
https://www2.bc.edu/~seyfridt/braincancer.html

Dr. Seyfried's bio
http://www.bc.edu/schools/cas/biology/facadmin/seyfried.html

Here is an interview with him by Robb Wolf from July 2006
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-journal/seyfriedInterview.pdf

Here is an audio interview with Dr. Seyfried on Jimmy Moore's podcast from Nov. 2009
http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/shownotes/1172/dr-thomas-seyfried-on-killer-carbs-ketosis-as-a-cancer-cure-episode-302/

--
 [log in to unmask]      Ben Liberman