From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:56:21 -0500
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ben Liberman
> Hi Kristina,
>
> Because of the wide range of intractable problems that you have
> described, I would like to suggest a change from ZC to a more
> comprehensive plan.  There is an excellent book, that encompasses low
> carb among other things, that I believe you might find interesting.
> It is my current favorite and I am giving it to family and friends
> who express any interest in improving their health.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the suggestion. I wish my library had the book but as soon as
I get some more work I might order it. Would you mind expanding on why you
feel stopping ZC would be best? I have considered adding vegetables back in
but I am not sure what benefit I would derive from them. Anything else like
nuts, seeds, fruit cause too many of my symptoms to get worse. Vegetables do
make the abdominal distention worse but I have to admit I miss them. It's
been a while since I tried but last time I ate a small amount of cooked veg
I was even more distended. If borrelia likes glucose wouldn't it make more
sense to leave carbs out, eat the minimum amount of protein, and then just
fat?

One thing I feel is very important in my case is re-establishing gut flora,
but I have such an extreme reaction/die off (??) to even a small amount of
probiotics or homemade fermented veggie brine that I can't go longer then
two days or three days. The symptoms are usually increased appetite,
cravings for sweets, fluid retention, and the worst - utter brain fog which
leaves me unable to do my job (computer programmer). I feel like *I* am
trapped inside a dark, black box in my own head and any rational thought,
intellect, or sometimes even words just can't come out if that makes any
sense.

Thanks,
Kristina