From:
Elaine Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 18:16:58 +0000
The documentation that comes with the results specifically states that ALCAT is NOT to be used as an allergy detection, but identifies what food(s) elicited an inflammitory response in the blood sample and to what extent (severe, moderate, mild or none) and then uses a rotational diet to remove the worst foods first with the potential of being able to add back into the diet "response" foods after the body has had time to heal or recover from the inflamation. I found it very helpful to identify potential foods that I'm experimenting with removing.  Although I, too, would have wanted to know if "beef" is all beef from any cut? Or grain-fed, stockyard or range-free grass-fed and if that made any difference in the results. They also recommend subsequent testing after 6-12 months to determine any changes.  It is expensive and rarely covered under insurance, though. ElaineFirestone, CO
"Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your door for years."