From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 07:00:59 -0500
I go for the fourth of july over to my dear inlaws.  I am on a low carb paleo plan, but when presented with a margarita or three, I succumb.  Then for dessert my wife's deadly banana pudding (made with the usual ingredients but then add Eagle Branch and cream cheese and Cool Whip).

Well, yesteday I resolve to get back on the plan and have a nice breakfast of eggs and country sausage with lots of bacon grease.  All is fine and well until lunchtime at work, when I discover I left mine on the countertop at home.  My solution: I'm seriously craving carbs, so I have eight packets of instant apple cider mix.  No water, just the mix eaten with a spoon.  When I get home, my dear wife -- who usually has dinner ready for us all -- is at the pool with the kiddos.  And I'm having an apparent sugar crash (never had one before, but I couldn't stand and almost fainted).  So I eat: jalapeno cream cheese on almond crackers, three other kinds of cheese, about half a pound of fruit, and the denouement was almonds in a large plastic cup with whipping cream and about three tablespoons of wildflower honey.

I went to bed feeling rather crappy thank you.  I think the stress of the upcoming vacation is starting to affect me ;-)

Back on the wagon this morning.

Jim