From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:16:13 +1000
On 11/07/2011 9:45 PM, william wrote:
> On 07/11/2011 01:20 AM, Suzanne L wrote:
>
>> On the topic of attacking our own intuition ~ has anyone investigated
>> the Blood Type diet enough to comment on their "belief(s)" about it?
>
> I tried it - uncommon beans were supposed to be just right for me -
> with no success.
> There was no belief involved, as it was more like a drowning man
> clutching a straw.
>
> An overview could be that any success with the Blood Type diet depends
> on the placebo effect kicking the immune system into action, and my
> immune system seems react as if carbs is poison.
>
> William
D'Adamo's father invented this diet in the late 60's to early 60's.
The diet is based on incorrect premises. Lectins are called
haemagluttins as they can bind to blood cells. Occasionally they bind to
blood group specific cells, others bind to all cells.
There are many other harmful lectins that don't bind to blood cells.
Lectins can cause leaky gut and cause T-cells to misbehave- T-cells
control the immune system, so lectins are at the root of most autoimmune
diseases, according to Paleo Diet Theory.

D'Adamo's theory that hunter gatherers were blood group O, then cereal
farmers A, then dairy farmers B. This is rubbish, event the apes have
blood groups A and B
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?A2=ind9809&L=PALEODIET&P=R167&1=PALEODIET&9=A&I=-3&J=on&d=No+Match%3BMatch%3BMatches&z=4

http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?A2=ind9801&L=PALEODIET&P=R1218&1=PALEODIET&9=A&I=-3&J=on&d=No+Match%3BMatch%3BMatches&z=4

On a brighter note, D'Adamo's website used to have some interesting data
on lectins, I think he might have employed a scientist. However his diet
is inferior to the Paleo Diet. Don't waste your time looking elsewhere.

Always remember to have your iron studies checked annually on any high
iron diet or low iron diet. Genetic hemochromatosis is common, everyone
should be checked.

Ben Balzer