From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:51:13 +1000
I wouldn't normally open such a discussion, but since you guys started
it....

Surely Paleo dieters all realise the various needs for religion:
1. The organ worst affected by Neolithic diets is the brain. When we ate
the fruit of the tree of knowledge we fell (became evil for many
reasons). This is a massive hardware problem. Religion provides a
software fix for a hardware problem. Primitive folks have a natural
charisma of spirituality, we are walking dead next to them. We need all
the help we can get. Our brains are so badly affected, and are getting
worse- the incidence of mental illness continues to increase, again for
hardware reasons- the modern diet being flooded with omega 6 oils, and
you can't make good brains with these in the diet. If a computer on the
space shuttle or the Hubble telescope have a hardware problem, the
engineers write a software fix. In the case of religion, it is an
excellent fix for societies where everyone is insane (to varying
degrees) and provides a superior society that can survive better.
Darwinian selection applies to societies= look at the success of
children from families which function well. The price of Neolithic diet
is depression, schizophrenia, ADHD, autism, and the general craziness of
the man on the street.

2. The historical correctitude of the oral history of man. A decade ago
priests and ministers all said that Noah was an allegorical story, that
because we were sinful God attacked us in a allegorical manner, and the
Flood was not a real flood, just an attack of God. Of course every many
and his dog, and his deity, now realises that the Flood is true, an oral
history of the end of the Ice Age. Glaciers do not melt gradually like
sandstone, ice is a good CONDUCTOR of heat, so they melt like a steel
ingot- heat over all and melt in a flash. Archeologists have proof for
at least 3 mega floods in the fertile crescent.
Now I hope you all realise that earlier in the Bible is the story of
Adam and Eve eating cereals and becoming evil (and then they were
afraid, and started to sin like nuts). Genesis 3 tells us how cereal
eaters have so much illness- smaller pelvises and childbirth difficulty
etc. The first murderer, Cain, was a cereal farmer, who murdered his
brother Abel who was a cattle herdsman.
Does kosher go far enough into the Bible? perhaps eating a Paleo diet is
the most fundamental obligation of a religious person (dripping with
sarcasm :-) ). So maybe you are the most truly religious Neolithic
people on the planet.

3. Creationism and Darwinism both predict the same thing- that genes are
perfect or almost perfect.
- Neo Darwinism implies that natural selection hones our genes to perfection
- Creationism implies they were created perfect.
Therefore the Titanic struggle of these 2 religions (Darwinism has
become a religion) can never be resolved- because they both predict the
same thing (God like belly laugh).
The argumentation adopted by Darwinists is identical to that of
religionists. Darwinists are fervent, self serving, circular and closed
minded. They fulfil any objective definition of religious zealot. I used
to be one. They betray the first tenet of science which is the
obligation to critically examine, even attack, their own beliefs. Most
of them have not developed their understanding one jot since the age of
15 when they grasped the first principles. I was one of them until I
read Nutrition and Evolution by Crawford and Marsh. This book is totally
correct.
However I don't expect anyone to understand this. The first stage of new
belief is ridicule (Schopenhauer).
Schopenhauer had 3 stages of truth. I add a 4th stage- that self-evident
truth becomes intuition. Therefore to progress from here we need to
break our own intuition- we need to attack our own intuition. The only
escape is counter intuitive thinking. This is the hardest thing for
anyone to do- to think counter intuitively.

Organised religion has betrayed its own roots, obligations and agenda.
Its high political power has led to it being politicised. Jesus himself
prescribed that pedophiles would be "better if they had never been born"
and should be thrown into the sea "with a millstone around their neck"
and that "he who is not with me is against me". Yet the Catholics have
systematically protected these criminals in their ranks. One can hardly
blame people for prima facie seeing problems with religion. But I refer
you to my point 1- we are all barking mad because our brains were grown
on the wrong food and are hopelessly physically deranged. It is a
miracle of itself that any of us are cogent enough to have these lovely
discussions. But organised religion has to pay its price, it deserves
what it has got, but this does not mean it is not useful in some form.
It has to learn to attack itself if it wants to progress.

Ben Balzer

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,
it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
         Arthur Schopenhauer
         German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
         http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/25832.html