From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2014 22:07:10 +0000
And confusion set in...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=15294655

Frankly, this reminds me of my experience in high school (so many, many years ago :).

Normally, during the months I was not in school, I was active enough that I could eat pretty much anything. But, when school started, most of the day I was just sitting there in class, I tended to put on weight. One semester was really bad, and I decided to do something different. For breakfast I would have one bowl of cereal with milk or a couple eggs. Instead of the usual school lunch, I ate a bag of Fritos or corn-nuts and a piece of fruit, and then nothing else until a fairly normal supper. It worked - I shed weight like crazy (teenager metabolism). The reduction in calories was what did it, and for the couple months I did it, it seemed to have little effect on my energy level for playing sports and/or cycling.

Now, I would look at that diet and wonder how I could have survived and stayed healthy. Then, I read articles like I posted above, and shake my head in wonder. Maybe it is just all about calorie restriction.