Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:16:19 -0700
Interesting question. I read an article yesterday that suggested using
Linux for online banking because of Windows/Mac vulnerabilities, so
you're on the right track.
I've run several versions of Linux, and it's hard to beat Ubuntu for
ease of installation and use. Burn the CD, boot to it, answer a couple
of questions and you're done.
As for the install, that's up to you. I've always found dual-booting to
be a pain, but it has its uses.
My latest install (Ubuntu 9.1) detected my network and just worked, but
prior versions called for editing the smb.conf file, which is mildly
daunting, but help is readily available.
http://www.ubuntu.com/