Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bruce Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2013 12:09:44 -0700
Your assumption is that it is a Microsoft program causing the problem. There are a few possibilities I can think of. The first is that somebody is spoofing a Microsoft program. Another is that one of the programs you installed might have changed a setting or a line in the Microsoft program/code (maliciously or otherwise.) Perhaps, somehow there is corruption in the Microsoft coding. Or, perhaps the program that is scanning the Microsoft program is just wrong.

It is always nice to get an explanation of what went wrong. But many times that warning will send you down a rabbit hole, either because the warning itself is wrong or it should not have been made in the first place. Welcome to the world of intuitive computing.

Bruce Lund

PS I know that does not solve your problem. But sometimes it helps to know you have to question what you are being told. Perhaps the same warning is being sent to other people for the same program and MS will fix that in their next update.

________________________________
 From: V Vishwanathan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 8:49 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] strange

Hi,All

For the past few days I have started getting a msg.as soon as the m/c

boots up. win xp sp3 is the o/s.

" data execution prevention-Microsoft Windows

To help protect your computer,Windows has closed this prog.

Name: Run a DLL as an App

Publisher:Microsoft Corporation"

                                                           [close message]

My question is, how can a prog.published by MS be closed by Windows to

protect my computer"????

                    digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml