Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 07:26:22 -0800
Careful.  The Ask toolbar also installs by default on Glary Utilities, a free maintenance program.  Always uncheck the default installs until you read what they do.  They are especially prevalent on freeware.

Love Glary, I use it after web and before shutdown.  Hate Ask.com.  I think I got rid of it in safe mode, then picked up its entrails with either CCleaner and/or Glary.

Also, I disabled Java a long time ago.  Sometimes I have to enable it to view something, but then I disable it again.

And, number 1, never allow auto updates.  Check on monthly basis for updates.  I have XP and nearly all of the recent updates don't help me, just take up space and slow me down.

David Thompson
Windows 95 OSR-1 Wizard (lol)

________________________________
From: Gregg Pfaff <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Like a bad penny --

OK, I need to throw a question in here because I've been reading this series. I take care of two Dell laptops besides my own, running XP Pro. One persons laptop I clean up always get tons of nuisance tool bars because when she oks updates she never unchecked the little boxes saying you want this tool bar which is always default checked it seems. My question is: What uses Java these days? because when their security was in question I researched it and found very few things use it these days so, I completely uninstalled it and have had no problems.

Thank you,
Gregg

        PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                    visit our download web page at:
              http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>