Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:46:19 -0500
-- that ASK toolbar and Search keeps cropping up!  It was apparently
downloaded with some other software on a HP, Windows Vista SP1, 3 gig
memory and (I think) a 230- or a 250-gig hard drive.  (Just
incidentally, with ASK in there, it won't let me download SP 2; the
download fails.  Hmmm...)

I tried removing the ASK toolbar etc. through the Control Panel; didn't
work.  Installed Bing desktop, then tried again.  Thought I was rid of
it, but the next time someone went online with it, ASK was back.
:::sigh:::  Tried disabling in in Tools; it came back like 'that' cat,
but it didn't take 'til "the very next day."  Went into regedit and
spotted it in a category by itself, but now I'm not sure -- should I
just take anything out of there that's related to ASK?  Or will that do
irreparable damage?  If it were my own computer, I'd go for it. Since it
is the local Humane Society's computer, I'm not sure how to proceed.

Someone had also removed the antivirus from the computer.  I was able to
download, install and scan with MSSE which found a Trojan.  Eradicated
that virus with no problem.  (See, I'm learning! <G>)

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

Joyce
SE Ohio

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml