Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 08:29:20 -0700

  A lot will depend on how familiar you are with writing C/C++/C#
applications for Windows, and especially with Windows "internals".  I've
been out of that for a while now....
  As I recall, scanning through the list of running processes isn't too
tricky -- hmmm, you might need the list of loaded "modules" (.EXEs and
.DLLs) rather than processes.
  What I don't remember -- if I ever knew! -- is how to tell which ones
are supposed to be visible in the tray.
  I have a hunch that what your code might need to do is (a) get itself
loaded first (probably by setting some registry entries when it is
installed), and then "hooking" the API call by which other applications
register themselves with the tray -- i.e., every time an application
asks Windows to show a tray icon for it, your program (already running)
gets told and can capture the info it needs....
  "Hooking" a Windows API call like this can get pretty tricky --
depending on which call it is, you might not be able to use many other
common Windows calls in your code, because Windows might already be
nested inside the same (or a related) function.  You may have to do a
lot of experimentation and "gnarly" debugging to get it right....

  IF you haven't done Windows application programming, diving into the
internals this way probably shouldn't be your starting point.  But if
you're already comfortable with building applications and libraries,
this kind of "peek under the hood" can be an illuminating challenge.

David Gillett