PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paolo Migone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:03:31 GMT
I inform all interested colleagues that the article:

Paolo Migone and Giovanni Liotti,
PSYCHOANALYSIS AND COGNITIVE-EVOLUTIONARY PSYCHOLOGY:
AN ATTEMPT AT INTEGRATION.
International Journal of Psychoanalysis, 1998, 79, 6: 1071-1095

is on the web at the site of the Int. J. of Psychoanal., where it can be
dowloaded:  http://www.ijpa.org/
The discussion on this paper is going on in the IJPA list
(the registration to the IJPA list is free and open to everybody,
it is sufficient ot send a message at the address
(to avoid the difficulty of downloading, I can send the article as
attached file on request, and I can send also a file with the discussion
so far; a summary of the entire discussion will be published in a
following issue of the International Journal of Psychoanalysis).

This article is intended to be an example of high level (i.e.,
theoretical) integration among psychotehrapeutic approaches. It should
be noted that while I originally come from a psychoanalytic background,
my co-author Liotti is a well know cognitive therapist (U.S. collegaues
might recall a book he wrote with Guidano in 1983 for Guilford Press,
title "Cognitive processes and emotional disorders" - he changed very
much since then). I had asked him to collaborate in writing this article
because I liked very much some of his ideas.

I think the it could be an important sign that the Int. J. of
Psychoanal. decided not only to publish this article, but also to select
it as the target paper for discussion in the IJPA list: the issue of the
confrontation of psychoanalysis with other disciplines, is more and
more pressing.

paolo migone
  Paolo Migone, M.D.
  Via Palestro, 14