PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cynthia McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 05:42:11 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/98 11:47:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
  Did Freud use P. the same way he used Fliess in order to do his "self-
 analysis"?

  Osmar

I think Freud and his family genuinely loved Dr. Pfister, and that it brought
Freud to acknowledge his own spirituality. I have asked Peter Gay why, when
Freud's entire office was filled with religious antiquities, he maintains that
Freud had no spirituality or religion. Gay simply gave the old academic view
that Freud had no interest in either one, and that was that.  I think, like
all psychoanalysts, Freud used his clients and his friends and associates  to
further his theories. cm