PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Howard Eisman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:48:32 -0500
John Buksbazen presents a contemporary philosophy below which is ultimately
nihilistic. It may be popular with some lit-crit types, but you will find no
scientist subscribing to this point of view.

Howard D. Eisman, Ph.D.

It will do the future of psychoanalysis little good to rely on a "there is no
real truth in this world" philosophy. Saying "everything is really subjective, so
we accept our own views as being as valid as any others" is ultimately
destructive. It is the logic of cults.