PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 14:53:34 -0500
Dear Eric,

The reasons for the anal retentiveness of journal editors are most
certainly due to their personalities. The whole discipline of psa
acts much like a defensive personality would when attacked via
environmental assault. The history makes clear that neither Freud
or his closest biographers were willing to reveal anything that
might constitute 'reality'. Keepers of archives have consistently
denied access because they are greedy and anal retentive. The
reason for no acceptance of new ideas is certain to be found amongst
these dictitorial managers of psychoanalytic historiography. Fault
with regard to this oppressive atmosphere must be seen to reside
from the first works on psa and that resulting history. Psychoanalysis
cannot incorporate new ideas into the discipline because the mindset
is operating out of defense and not an interest in 'reality'. Psa
has no vested interest in 'reality' and never has, Eric. Freud built
mythologies and his biographers refined the myths. In order to unseat
the old mythologies you will need to expose them so that they may
become reified and ultimately ineffective as forms of propaganda.
Once reification has run its course we will then be able to rebuild
Psychoanalytic theory and your ideas will likely meet with the

btw... I believe the first thing that should be attacked is the
       logic with respect to withholding key letters in the archives.
       Moreover, the thefts from archives should also be dealt with
       right now. Once we have done this we will start to see a
       shared reality, but no 'reality' is absolute in so far as
       'reality', as I think it exists, is continually evolving.
       Hopefully, future keepers of archives will have less of
       a conservative bent towards revealing data and a democracy
       will guide decision making.

cheers

Robert
--
               Robert G. White               Dept. of Psychology