PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jane Camerini <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 06:44:22 -0500
I have to agree with J. Cronin's comment.  It seems to me  that D. Mittleman
made a fairly quick decision.  As a once very rebellious teen, I can
remember viewing the psychiatrist as a way to avoid my parents.  He could
have become an ally, but instead gave me thorazine.  While some of the
confidentiality of therapy might conceivably be compromised by the
situation, the therapist could still potentially become the beacon.  Of
course the mother needs therapy.  And it does not sound like a promising
situation, so it understandable that David might not want to get involved.