PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
robert corrington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 16:42:14 -0500
Like David McDivitt I have been lurking on this list for some time
(although I have made a few posts).  My own approach is more Jungian,
although as I age I find much that is congenial in Freud, even if he
still seems less of an empiricist and phenomenologist than Jung.  Since
I am not a clinician, and do not have a calling in that direction, I
only feel comfortable listening in on clinical material, and with a
clear sense that I am not in a position to intrude.  My own work is on
the philosophical and semiotic foundations of the self.  Within what I
know of the Freudian world, I find the work of Lacan and Kristeva the
most powerful and evocative.
        I will continue to absorb the main outlines of the Freudian horizon,
and try a little harder to enter into pertinent debates.  Rest assured
that many lurkers are paying close attention to what goes on.

--
Dr. Robert S. Corrington
Drew University