PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 09:05:15 +0000
RE:
>1) the more obvious measures of professionalism: David Mittelman, Ph.D.
>2)I'm having very strong doubts about my analyst's professionalism, Deanachka

If the question arises, then something is going on.  But what?  If the
analyst is obviously being unprofessional, then take heart and act on this.
If it is a suspicion, then raise it in the analysis, any analyst who is
acting professionally will listen to such raised concerns.  If the person
will not discuss it, then this is one reasonably dependable test.

As for a consult, I suspect that a call to one of the Institutes directly
might help.  I am willing to bet that some heads of institutes, or members
of the ethics committee, would give *one* single consult, to discuss the
matter.

Wm.J.Massicotte Ph.D.
3565 Connaught Ave.
Montreal, Quebec H4B 1X4