PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lee Woodson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 08:37:25 -0800
Hello Robert & Happy New Year,

I think the response from Geoffrey Blowers is most comprehensive in
regards to your question.  However, I am also of the opinion that the
claims that Masson makes are not verified because the same material that
he translated have been sealed in the archives for 50 more years at Anna
Freuds and the foundations direction.  If this has changed then could you
let us know.

Cheers,

Leland

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Robert White wrote:

> I need some professional opinions regarding Masson's assertions in The
> Assualt on Truth. First, has anyone refuted the claims/assertions that
> Masson has made about Freud's and Breuer's collaborations? Did Anna
> Freud ever sue Masson for the things he said about her in the book?
> What is the overall impression of Masson as a professional historian
> and does he lack credibility in historiographical/academic circles?
>
> In short, is Masson considered to be a nut or one with apt claims
> regarding the archives, Anna Freud, Breuer & Sigmund Freud, etc?
>
> And would you cite Masson in your own work or would you leave him out?
>
> sincerely,
>
> --
>                Robert G. White               Dept. of Psychology
>                                              Ottawa, Ontario. CANADA
>    INTERNET ADDRESS ----- [log in to unmask] ------------------- E-MAIL

                        ~Each day the sun~