PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 17:02:35 -0600
Dear Mailing List Members:
   Many of you are aware of the criticisms I have lodged against the Amer.
Psyc. Assoc. and how I have formally submitted my complaints to all
relevant APA offices and officers and asked for a reply (beginning my
urgings for a reply over 7 mo. ago -- since the complaints were submitted
the first time long before that).  I want all to know that NO officer of
the APA OR any office has ever replied.  This in spite of the fact that my
complaints were forwarded to the head science officer (Dr. Fowler) by no
less than the 1999 President-elect, Richard Suinn.  I also had in-person
conversations with officers at the APA convention, where I was assured of a
response.  Now, Joseph Plaud, who runs a supposedly open and unmoderated
mailing list called CLINICAL-PSYHOLOGISTS has kicked a friend of mine off
of that list for stating his view of how important it is that APA President
Seligman anwser my concerns (my concerns have been a topic of discussion on
the CLINICAL-PSYCHOLOGISTS mailing list for a couple weeks now).  Joe Plaud
FALSELY characterizes the post to the list (quoted DIRECTLY below) as
"threatening" and kicks my friend off this PUBLICALLY FUNDED, OPEN,
UNMODERATED mailing list.  Plaud's characterization of what he did and why
is quoted directly below the quote of Ren Cook's "troubling" post.
  The APA now operates a mailing list that represents itself as open to all
but which engages in blatant censorship.  It does all this while operating
on PUBLIC money.  I urge all to join the list to find out more what is
"going on" and I urge all to write to Joseph Plaud.  Plauds' address is:
[log in to unmask]  (By the way: My criticisms are at:
http://www.future.net/~bradj/it.html (last two parts of the first long paper))

The procedure for joining the mailing list OPEN TO ALL is:
To join the Clinical-Psychologists forum, send the command
       SUBSCRIBE CLINICAL-PSYCHOLOGISTS YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to [log in to unmask] or, if you experience difficulties, write
to [log in to unmask]

Now here are the posts in question.  First the supposedly "threatening"
post and then Plaud's announcement of kicking Ren off the list: