PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Hamburg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:01:02 -0500
There are times, remarkably enough, when problems do not call for
surgery, nor medicine, nor statistical verification. A place remains,
and I dare say will always remain, for poetry, literature, art, and
compassion. When I feel troubled, I would rather seek these than the
assistance of the empiricist. And at my work, I would rather offer them,
as best as I can, than pretend that multivariate analysis can explain
the dilemmas of human existence and relationship.

Paul Hamburg