PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larry Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:32:18 -0800
This is so merry, I just have to put in my two cents:  I notice there have
been no Freudians involved in the fray.  Could it be that Freud died in l993
as suggested by Time magazine?  I don't think so.  True heroes are hard to
kill. I think the silence is due to the fact that Eisman is Adolph
Friedlander--he who hates to be ignored. Eisman sincerely believes he can
out think Freud, but unconsciously longs for even a kick from the master.
The real intellectuals in this e-community are experiencing sadistic glee at
Eisman's expense simply by ignoring him.  Why am I responding to Eisman?
Fortunately I'm not erudite enough to be a strict Freudian.  I'm a nice guy.

Larry D. Lyons
Lit-Crit Type