PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jane Camerini <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 16:47:57 -0600
Greetings,

As a "listener" to this list, a patient in 5th yr of therapy, and a
historian, I'd like to say that I appreciate the concern for
confidentiality.  However, I don't see how the list can have the sort of
discussion than many people would like to have, and still not use clinical
material.  How come this didn't come up with Chris M's lengthy and detailed
clinical description?

Having asked to be on this list, and curious about how things are discussed
in such a forum, I think if I found my dreams and my situation discussed
here it would be okay.  As long as respectful and thoughtful care is used in
particular case, I don't see why not.  How is it different from cases and
examples given in textbook discussions, e.g., Greenson, or Greenberg and
Mitchell?

Jane Camerini