RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anwar J Goins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:04:17 -0400
Very good comments Carol, I was impressed. I've stated my personal view on
the
raw food thing. I'm also one of those who wants to be as independent as
possible but with a spiritual twist. I don't think it is a smart
move to make yourself fullly dependent on anyone else. I think this is
the first step towards setting yourself up for oppression or some other
sort of tribulation. I believe in technology as long as it is prudent and
intelligently used. I also support technology as long as it is not used
to promote what I would see to be vain purposes, meaning I support its
use in a way that is as wholistic as possible as it concerns betterment,
promotion of good and well being,
intelligence, discernment and all practical purposes. I don't know how
sick you are, Liza, of these peole whom you've observed. I don't feel that
I'm
that type at all. But this is suppossed to be a country that supports
freedom of relgion, order and way of life. You also have a right
to express your disgust or criticize. I don't necessarily vibe with most
in that crowd either. Because I'm not in it for the same reason. I'm in
it for ethics but I think vegan ethic is faulty and I believe that
violence is necessary and to be encouraged some times. Rastafari are totally
different then those 'raggamuffins' as Carol called them. But hey what
can you say? I've left plenty of lists because I've noticed that people
were on a different level than I was. They had something else, another
bias which drew them to where they were. And that just wasn't where
I was. If you see this on this list and you know what you have to offer
will not be understood, let alone listened to then I understand your
sentiments in not wanting to continue on here. I've been there. I can't
guarantee you that I'll agree with everything you say but I will do my
best to give it as fair a judgement and critique as I can. WTO and
globalization have drastic negative consequences for a true free market
and all those small business who are trying to make it out there. Who,
unfortunately, would be supporting the same thing if they were the
businesses getting the benefits. For these businesses to survive they
need to find a niche and loyal market(s) or they need to restructure the
concept of why they have their businesses, possibly turning them into
non-profits and redirecting any incoming money to what they would spend
it on anyway as well as to insure their survival. It maybe tricky but I'm
sure there is a way to do it. Personally, what i see
going on with organic is just as bad as the rest. They are trying to make
as much as possible in disregard to getting quality food to all
people or the people who may need it. But I believe that respecting WTO and
Global enconomy's right to
exist is essential, and for those who want to survive their going to have
to reconsider their priorities and/or the way they do business. I think
big businesses are a threat to many of our freedoms because of the money
and therefore the power that they wield. Companies are the driving forces
behind science, our technology and the ways we think(TV, movies, radio and
all that good stuff). They drive this
country in many ways. That's their freedom and it is the people's freedom
to fall into this. But I should have the right to survive, not fall
into this and to be free to chose, my order, religion and way of life.
Regardless of whether that goes against some company's profits. Raw milk,
in many states, comes to mind. This is a good case of company propaganda,
using false, though now  widely accepted, science to cut loss of profits,
and turning it into law. Thereby stripping the public's freedom which
would take away from the money they would otherwise be getting.

Godbless,
Anwar