RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:50:29 -0500
Hi Christy,  I love the way you write - FULL of energy. Must be all
that honey!

Have you looked through the archives of this list? You'll find loads
and loads and loads and loads of terrific information and personal
stories about everything having to do with raw food. They're very
searchable, for specific info, or you can just read the entire
thing, chronologically. You'll find answers to ALL your questions.
Here are just a few comments to your wonderful post:

> am exremely confused
> about what is happening, which alters between absolutely nothing and
> everything.

That is very funny, and probably totally typical. (Well, I guess I
shouldn't say that, since I don't know which kinds of "everything"
you're experiencing).

> plus, i am wondering how soon people usually begin to see
> more tone in their muscles and feel more stamina in terms of exercise.

My opinions:
1. Food alone cannot change your muscles (despite what Aajonus says),
and
2. The stamina thing depends on many factors all feeding into each
other (like - what exactly ARE you eating, and what HAD you been
eating, and what's your sleeping history, and how much excercise do
you get, and what sorts of stresses are you living with, and what
particular health conditions/ challenges do you have, and are you
depressed, and actually there's even more.

> also, i have been practically binging on honey out of my control and do
> not understnad if this is an addiction (i was easily addicted to things -
> i.e. drugs, cooked food - before going on this diet) or if it is just that
> my body needs it.

BTDT. (I read in the paper that's widely used on the net, so I'm
trying to be with it here).

Anyway, some other people on this list have btdt too. With me, I
simply could not get enough honey - we got ours from a local
beekeeper, on the frames, every fall, and I consumed endless pounds
and pounds of it, walking around all day smiling and chewing on big
gobs of the wonderful chewy wax, and I worried a lot about my mental
health. And then all of a sudden I felt like I was almost getting an
allergic reaction to it - my cheeks and neck would get hot and my
eyes stung and I felt kind of itchy all over. And then it started to
not seem very appetizing at all. And now even the thought of it
makes me feel like I'm breaking out in hives. Plus, it seems
UNBELIEVABLY, TONGUE-BITINGLY, INTOLERABLY, MIND-BLOWINGLY sweet.

Check out the archives on honey - there are some things you might
want to think about when you choose your honey. (or maybe not eat it
at all).

>.... i would be overjoyously, zealously grateful.  ciao.

Hah! I LOVE your ending! Gee, wish I could come up with someone so
you'd be zealously grateful to ME.

Ciao Christy!

Love Liza

--