SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE Archives

Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture

SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dov Henis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:49:43 +0200
From [log in to unmask]   99-03-24

Re  99-03-24  comments of [log in to unmask]

1. A  personal note : it is gratifying that your comments are very relevant
and to the points.

2. Would be grateful for advice to the non-initiated me/us where to start
looking for Vilmos Csanyi's relevant writing(s).

3. If I understood you correctly I agree with you that "energy" in its
various ( at least two ) forms is   the Source, the Physical Revelation,
the Moving Force  and the Goal of Life.

4. I do not imply ANY "religious" concepts, but I also do not imply
"magic".  The term "wonder" may be more appropriate when pondering these
matters.

5. Finally, your following key statement is still not clear to me. You say
"...my belief that you are starting too far up the ladder and giving a
chemical organization to much magic".  My purpose in refering to some
polynucleotides as "purposeful" and to cells and cell-clusters as
space-ships and space-stations is ONLY to impress a concept that life is
life is life in all forms and sizes and degrees of organization.  And in
line with the above thoughts re the relationship of life/energy I regard
chemical organization only as tool/technique/engineering of living systems.
 And after all is pondered and said we realize that the satisfactory
understanding of the origin and nature of life is still not within our
grasp...       Dov Henis