SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE Archives

Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture

SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:59:45 +0000
Tom

I do not see anything here to disagree with - except perhaps to say that
human
beings deal badly with probability and have a well trained socially
constructed
desire for truth to be absolute. When scientists and scientific
commentators
stop shielding the non-scientific public from uncertainty and
probability then
we may get somewhere. 'End infantialism now'

People don't need reassurance, truth or lies, they need information and
the
chance and ability to make up their own minds. economic justification
for
science seems an extremely poor justification.

regards

sdv