SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE Archives

Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture

SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Hewitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:35:59 -0000
SDV, below, gives a rather long list of things that scientists have lied
about.

I would certainly not dissent from the accusation that scientists lie.  (As
many readers may know from my web site
http://freespace.virgin.net/john.hewitt1/  "A Habit of Lies - How Scientists
Cheat.")

However, even I am unsure of all his examples.  Where, for example, is the
lying in the GM foods debate?  In that debate I can see Dr. Pusztai having
been treated rather badly and differences of opinion being voiced
agressively but lying?  Where is that?

John Hewitt