SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE Archives

Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture

SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

"Brad McCormick, Ed.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 18:14:55 -0400
Gerry Reinhart-Waller wrote:

> Interesting.
> Could you perhaps cite your source.

As for Darwin's personal frailty, I cannot cite
the source for that.  I am like a piece of velcro
for collecting such "telling" facts about our
social world.

As for Darwin's "darwineanism", I read that in Ch. 13,
esp. p. 195 of _After Modernity: Husserliam reflections
on a philosophical tradition_, by James Mensch (SUNY,
Albany, 1996).  Mensch gives his sources in the text.

Does anyone know if Darwin had any *children*, i.e.,
if he himself reproduced?

"Yours in discourse [which, even if it happens to have
occasional survival value, may be at least claimed
to be participated in by persons for other reasons...]...."

+\brad mccormick

> Gerry

[snip]

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [log in to unmask]
  914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua NY 10514-3403 USA
  Visit my website ==> http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/